Yemen to respond to Saudi-led coalition’s attacks ‘painfully’: Ansarullah spox
The Spokesman for Yemen's Ansarullah Movement Mohammed Abdul-Salam said that Yemen will give a harsh response to the future attacks of the Saudi-led coalition as painful as the recent operations.
Iran Press/Middle East: Mohammed Abdul-Salam said in a statement that the recent successful military operations of Army Forces of this country against Saudi-led coalition dubbed ‘Firm Structure’ as a symbol of God’s support for the Yemeni Army; Iran Press reported.
Earlier, Yemeni forces announced that they had targeted the most important oil company and other sites in Saudi Arabia again.
Spokesman for Yemen's Ansarullah Movement Mohammed Abdul-Salam said these operations were a response to the continuation of aggression and siege of Saudi-led coalition waged against Yemen, adding that, “In recent operations in east of Sana’a, Yemeni forces gave a harsh response to the vast attack of Saudi-led coalition and their attempts to occupy a number of situations in this region.”
“Our forces continued making gains as the enemy’s forces were collapsing until they reached western Ma’rib and liberated directorates inside the Provinces of Ma’rib and al-Jawf,” he added.
Yemen’s Armed forces announced on Wednesday that they launched a barrage of missiles and drone attacks on Saudi Aramco in the kingdom’s southern Jazan region.
According to Yemen's Army spokesman Yahya Saree, they have also targeted Abha and Jazan airports as well as Khamis Mushait base and other key targets inside Saudi Arabia in response to airstrikes on Yemen.
He said Houthis managed to recapture a 2,500 square kilometers (1550 square miles) area in Marib governorate and Al Jawf governorate.
The crisis in Yemen escalated in 2015 when a Saudi-led military coalition launched a devastating air campaign; tens of thousands of Yemenis, including numerous civilians, believed to have been killed in the conflict since then, while another 14 million are at risk of starvation, according to the UN.