Thousands of Palestinians demonstrated around the Al-Aqsa Mosque after Friday prayers.

Iran PressMiddle East: During the demonstration, Palestinians called on the resistance to respond to Friday's attacks on Al-Aqsa Mosque by Zionist militants.

The Head of the Supreme Islamic Council in Al-Quds, Sheikh Ikrima Sabri, said that the occupiers could not intimidate the Palestinian people and prevent them from defending Al-Aqsa Mosque.

"What happened today in Al-Aqsa Mosque is an organized crime and a criminal act," he noted, highlighting: "The crimes of the occupiers will not prevent Palestinians from being gathered in the Al-Aqsa Mosque."

The clashes on Friday occurred just hours after the Israeli regime forces killed another Palestinian in the occupied West Bank city of Jenin.

Palestine’s official Wafa news agency said 17-year-old Palestinian, Shawkat Kamal Abed, succumbed to his wounds a day after he was shot during an attack conducted by Israeli forces in Kafr Dan village, northwest of Jenin.

The Palestinian teenager (pictured below) was transferred to Ibn Sina Hospital in Jenin for treatment before succumbing to his wounds.

Announcing the death of Kamal Abed, the Palestinian Health Ministry said the latest fatality brought to seven the number of Palestinians killed across the occupied territory in less than 48 hours.

Fawaz Hamayel, from the town of Beita in the south of Nablus, succumbed to gunshot wounds by the Israeli occupation forces on Wednesday. Shas Kammaji, the brother of the Palestinian prisoner Ayham Kammaji, was killed in clashes in the town of Kafr Dan, west of Jenin, and Mustafa Faisal Abu al-Rub was fatally shot by Israeli soldiers at the western entrance to Jenin.

Tensions have escalated in the Occupied Palestinian Territories since last Thursday when Palestinians launched a retaliatory attack in the heart of Israel, Tel Aviv, as part of their resistance to the intensified Israeli crackdown. Since then, Israeli forces have been carrying out raids in different towns, especially in Jenin.

The attack was conducted when a Palestinian youth, identified as Raad Fathi Hazem, entered a pub on a crowded main street in Tel Aviv and began firing his weapon.

The 28-year-old, a resident of the Jenin refugee camp in the West Bank, was killed by Israeli forces in a pre-dawn firefight near a mosque on the first Friday of Ramadan.

Palestinian resistance groups and the Lebanese resistance movement of Hezbollah hailed Hazem’s action as a “heroic operation.”


Read More:

Israeli raid on al-Aqsa Mosque; 150 injured, 400 arrested

Dozen Palestinians injured in Israel forces raid to Al-Aqsa Mosque

Palestinian people to defend Al-Aqsa Mosque at all costs: Hamas