Tehran (IP) - Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister has said the parties in Vienna talks have agreed over lifting 95% of the total sanctions against Iran.

Iran PressIran News: Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi briefed the members of the Parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission about Vienna talks.

Shahriar Heydari, a member of the Commission, told Iran Press about the meeting: "Araghchi said that the sanctions were negotiated in two parts, and most of the thematic sanctions were lifted."

The Committee member said on the sanctions of institutions and individuals and legal entities, out of 1,500 sanctions, 1,100 sanctions have been lifted and we are negotiating the lifting of another 400 sanctions, including those related to human rights.

"Araghchi also referred to the discussion of the fact-finding mechanism of lifting sanctions and we hope to see the result in the implementation phase," he added.

Araghchi announced that the parties in Vienna talks agreed on the lifting of 95% of the total sanctions and that they are negotiating on lifting the remaining 5% that would be lifted in the future, the parliament member highlighted.


Read More:

Talks on restoring JCPOA may be completed early June: Ulyanov says

Iran's demands not been met in Vienna talks yet: MP