Kabul (IP) - As many as 15 people were killed and more than 32 others wounded in a car bombing in Ghanikhel district of the eastern Nangarhar province. The casualty toll is expected to rise.

Iran Press/Asia: Attaullah Khogyani, the spokesperson for Nangarhar governor, told "Kabul Now" that the incident took place today, October 03, around 12:20 PM, close to the office of the district governor.

He said that children are also among the wounded people.

Afghan security forces have shot dead several assailants who wanted to launch an offensive after the blast, according to the local official.

Khogyani did not provide details on the exact number of the assailants.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

205/ 225

Read more:

Car bomb explodes in northeastern Syria; 14 people killed and injured

Fourth blast occurred in Kabul

Kabul: Two killed in bomb blast