No proof for Iran involvement in Saudi Aramco attacks: Putin
Russian President said on Wednesday that there was no evidence that Iran was responsible for an attack on Saudi oil infrastructure last month.
France tried to set up a meeting between the leaders of Iran and the United States after the attack but failed because Tehran wants Washington to remove its sanctions, Russian President said at an energy conference in Moscow according to Reuters.
“We condemn these (attacks) but we are against shifting the blame to Iran because there is no proof of that,” Putin said, adding that Iranian President Hassan Rouhani had personally told him that Tehran had nothing to do with the attacks.
After the attack took placed against the Saudi Aramco oil installations, the US quickly blamed Iran for the attacks and its Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo tweeting that "Iran has now launched an unprecedented attack on the world's energy supply."
Yemen's Ansarallah who has been fighting an imposed war by the Saudi-UAE-led coalition since 2015, claimed responsibility for the attacks, warning Saudi Arabia that their target list "will keep on expanding".
Iran has denied any involvement in the Aramco attacks and has issued a stern warning that it would retaliate against any attack that targeted it. 101/205