Israeli fighter jets attacked the Khan Yunis area, south of the Gaza Strip early Tuesday in response to the last night rocket fired from the Gaza strip following tensions soaring after attacks on al-Aqsa.

Iran PressMiddle East: The incident, the first of its kind since January, comes after a weekend of Israeli-Palestinian violence in and around Jerusalem's flashpoint Al-Aqsa Mosque compound that wounded more than 170 people, primarily Palestinian demonstrators.

The Israeli fighters fired six missiles to the west of Khan Yunis on Tuesday morning. Horrible explosions followed the strike. 

The regime's targeting some empty houses in southern Gaza was a failed attempt to stop the Palestinian nation's defending Al-Quds and Al-Aqsa Mosque. 

The Spokesman of Palestine's Hamas Movement, Hazem Qasem said the Israeli regime's air raid on Gaza was aimed to cover up its recent attack on the Palestinian worshipers in Al-Aqsa Mosque, which was a violation of international law and human rights. 

Warning sirens sounded in southern Israel Monday night after the rocket was fired from the Gaza, a reaction to weak's prolonged violence in Jerusalem al-Quds.

"One rocket was fired from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory. The rocket was intercepted by the Iron Dome Air Defense System," the Israeli military said in a statement.

No faction in the crowded enclave of 2.3 million inhabitants immediately claimed responsibility for the rocket. Still, it comes after a series of attacks in Israel and a weekend of tensions at a holy site in Jerusalem.

According to witnesses and security sources in Gaza, Hamas also announced that it had used its "anti-aircraft defense" to counter the air raids, which caused no casualties.

Israeli occupation forces stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque on Monday and attacked Palestinian worshipers barricaded there for the fourth consecutive day, paving the way for Zionist settlers to enter the holy compound and perform provocative prayers during the Jewish Passover.

Palestinian sources said the occupation forces stormed Al-Aqsa and forced Palestinian worshipers to evacuate the compound courtyards.

At least 600 Zionist settlers then broke into Al-Aqsa gradually, witnesses said, and videos showed.

The Israeli regime's troops attacked the Palestinian worshipers gathered in Al-Aqsa Mosque on Friday, April 15, 2022, firing rubber-coated steel bullets, tear gas, and stun grenades at them during the assault early morning. 

Following the Israeli forces' attack on Al-Aqsa Mosque, at least 152 Palestinian people were injured, and 400 others were arrested.

Hazem Qasem stressed that defense and resistance against the Israeli attacks were the Palestinian people's axiomatic rights. 

The Israeli regime's attacks on the Palestinian nation and their country continued since 1948 when the regime violated the country's territorial integrity and occupied it.


Read More:

Israeli regime closes Al-Ibrahimi Mosque