Jul 08, 2020 15:16 Asia/Tehran [Updated: Jul 14, 2020 12:24 Asia/Tehran]
  • Israel role in sabotage on Natanz site; from speculation to certainty

On Thursday morning, Behrouz Kamalvandi, a spokesman for the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, reported an incident in one of the sheds being completed in the open area of the Shahid Mostafa Ahmadi Enrichment Complex in Roshan Natanz.

Iran Press/commentary: Regardless of the amount and extent of damage to the site, various and contradictory claims have been made by the media about the cause of the incident.

In one of these speculations, Edy Cohen, a former adviser to the Israeli Prime Minister's Office, an Israeli analyst and journalist working at Israel's Center for Strategic Studies and Research raised the possibility of Israeli involvement in the incident.

In response to a related question, Israeli Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi said: "This regime will do everything in its power to prevent Iran's nuclear program."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, however, declined to give a clear answer to the question, saying: "We cannot get into it clearly. However, the New York Times considering the incident as sabotage; says, It was designed by an explosive device at the Natanz facility.

Industrial sabotage or an attack on a nuclear facility is a dangerous threat to nuclear security, Resolution 533 by the International Atomic Agency's General Conference states: "An armed attack or threat against nuclear facilities destined for peaceful purposes is a violation of the principles of the United Nations Charter, the IAEA statute and international law."

Natanz's nuclear facilities have previously been the target of a joint US-Israeli cyber attack. The attacks date back to 2006 and during the presidency of George W. Bush, which continued during Obama's presidency. The production of malware such as Stuxnet, Doku Flames, was part of the operation.

Given Israel's record of such destructive actions, it is not unlikely that the Zionist regime will be responsible for this sabotage action, which if that is verified, Iran's response would be harsh and devastating.

Following the terrorist act in the martyrdom of Lieutenant General Ghasem Soleimani, Commander of the Quds Force of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, in a crushing response on January 8, 2020, Ain al-Assad base the largest and most important US base in Iraq was targeted with a heavy missile attack, and the Americans received Iran's response.

What Iranian officials will decide on the Natanz incident depends on the Israeli's involvement in this sabotage, terrorist attack.

What is certain is that the Zionist regime's officials have realistic assessments of Iran's capability and deterrence. Therefore, they know that they will pay a heavy price if they do not consider all the aspects.

101/219

Author: Jamshid Aminzadeh

Translator: Ashkan Salehian

Read More:

Russia calls for ending hasty conclusions on Iran's Natanz incident

More equipped hall to be built in Natanz Complex: AEOI

IAEA confirms Iran’s Natanz incident site doesn’t contain nuclear materials

Tags

Comments