More than 65 million Iranian screened for COVID-19: Health Ministry Spox
Tehran (IP) - Health Ministry Spokesman, Kianoush Jahanpour in Tuesday’s daily press conference said in the National Mobilization Plan against Corona over 65,540 million people have signed up to the program and screened.
Iran Press/ Iran News: Jahanpour who is also the Head of Public Relations and Information Center of the Health Ministry announced that so far, 41,495 people in the country have definitely been infected with the Coronavirus, 2,898 people have died due to the virus and 14,656 have recovered.
Kianoush Jahanpour said, "Following the expansion of the National Mobilization Plan against Corona to date, over 65,540 million people have signed up to the program and screened."
He said: "According to the definitive laboratory findings and from yesterday to March 31 in the country, 3,111 new patients with COVID-19 were diagnosed in the country and the number of patients with this disease reached 44,606."
Fortunately, 14,656 patients have recovered and have been discharged so far, Jahanpour added.
The Head of the Ministry of Public Relations Center said, "Unfortunately, in the past 24 hours, 141 COVID-19 patients have lost their lives, and 2,898 people in total have lost their lives in the country to date."
He stated, "3,703 patients are in a critical condition."