FM Spox: Washington's threats against new IRGC Commander reveals US's terrorist intentions
Tehran (IP) - Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokesman has said that a new assassination threat against the top commander of the IRGC's Quds Force by the US special representative for Iran affairs is a clear example of America's state-sponsored terrorism.
Iran Press/ Iran news: Seyyed Abbas Mousavi made the remark in response to Brian Hook, who had earlier said that if the new commander of the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) Quds Force Brigadier General Esmail Ghaani behaves like his predecessor, Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani, the US will also assassinate the new commander.
"Following the Israeli regime, the Trump administration is only the second government in the world to officially announce that it will use terrorism as an instrument or tool to achieve its political and military objectives," Mousavi noted.
Mousavi reiterated that resorting to acts of terrorism proves the Trump administration's weakness, despair, and frustration.
The Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman forthrightly condemned the undiplomatic, irresponsible and shameful remarks of US officials, as well as their terror threats and actions, calling on the international community to unequivocally condemn America's state-sponsored terrorism, and use of terrorism as an instrument of the state.
Mousavi said: "If US behaviour does not change, sooner or later all countries will be affected by America's lawless behaviour".
The former commander of Quds Force of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani, who was visiting Iraq at the official invitation of the Iraqi government, was assassinated in a drone strike by the US military near Baghdad Airport on Friday 3 January 2020, along with a number of other senior Iranian and Iraqi military officers.
Many countries, organizations, and groups have condemned America's lawless behaviour and blatant physical elimination of other countries' officials. 207/211