Fifteen Yemeni civilians were killed on Wednesday and 20 others wounded in a brutal airstrike by the Saudi-led coalition in Al-Hudaydah province in Western Yemen.
Iran Press /Middle East- The Saudi-led fighter jets bombarded motorcars and ordinary people in their airstrikes on Kilo 16 neighborhood in Al-Hodeidah, according to Almasirah news network.
Given the intensity of the airstrikes, relief workers have yet to recover the bodies of the victims which have been buried underneath the debris, Almasirah reported.
Related news: Yemen: Saudi-led coalition resumes airstrikes on Hodeidah
Meanwhile, a military source said that the snipping unit of the army and popular committees gun down 5 Saudi soldiers and 10 of Saudi army’s mercenaries during the past days in different positions in Jizan.
Last month, The Saudi air raid hit the school bus as it drove through a market in the town of Dhahyan, killing a total of 51 people, among them 40 children, and injuring 79 others, mostly kids. The kids reportedly had been on a much-anticipated field trip marking their graduation from summer school.
The tragedy sent shockwaves across the globe, with the international community condemning what has been dubbed "the single biggest attack on children" since the conflict erupted in 2015.
UNICEF Executive Director Henrietta Fore called the attack on children "unconscionable" and said that it "should be a turning point in Yemen's brutal war,"
The Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, "urgently renews his call for a negotiated political settlement through inclusive intra-Yemeni dialogue."
UN calls for independent probe Into Saudi airstrike on Yemeni school bus
Amnesty International confirmed the use of a US-manufactured bomb by the Saudi-Arabia led coalition in an August attack.
Saudi Arabia and its allies launched the war on Yemen in March 2015 to reinstall the former Saudi-backed Hadi regime and crush the Houthi movement.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and an accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.
According to the Security Council Working Group on Children and Armed Conflict (CAAC) report, 683 children were killed or injured by the Saudi-Arabia led coalition in 2016.
Qasemi: Iran considers Yemen aggression supporters accountable
US role in Yemeni kids massacre has been confirmed
Yemeni protesters chant slogans against US and Saudi Arabia