• Iran could take control of the Middle East in just 12 minutes: IRGC general

The deputy chief of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) described US President's assertion that Iran could take control of the Middle East in just 12 minutes as a testimony to Iran’s power. 

Iran PressIran news: Brigadier General Hossein Salami said, Iran is never going to occupy the Middle East and that it has already challenged the enemy’s military and political policies through the Islamic Revolution’s regional and international clout.

According to Tasnim news agency, the commander also said, the enemies of Iran might look powerful, but they are rusty and worn inside and are at low ebb.

“We are stronger than ever,” he stressed, adding that the enemy’s last resort after the failure of its political plans was economic pressure, which has also failed after strong resistance from the Iranian nation.

Meanwhile, Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari also said, the US president Donald Trump supposes that Iran is weaker than when he took power but he is making a mistake and the country is powerful than ever before.

According to IRNA, he noted that the Axis of Resistance is now much powerful than before the start of Syria and Iraq war on terrorism. 

Commenting on the effect of the US sanctions on the country, the commander noted that the sanctions have increased the country's national solidarity and self-sufficiency.

In September 9, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei described Iran’s strategic depth in the world, especially in the region, as a major accomplishment which has enraged the US.

Related News:

Leader: "Americans and Zionists fear the emergence of an independent Islamic power"

"Americans and Zionists fear the emergence of an independent Islamic power", Ayatollah Khamenei said at the time.
 
Speaking in Kansas last week, Trump said, “Before I became President I looked at what was happening with Iran - they were taking over the Middle East."
US president also blasted Obama’s administration, who signed the nuclear deal in 2015 and said, “I withdrew the United States from the horrible one-sided Iran nuclear deal."
 
In May, US President Donald Trump pulled America out of the JCPOA and vowed to re-impose sanctions against Iran.

Related news:

Trump announces 'withdrawal' from Iran nuclear deal

Rouhani: Trump’s withdrawal from JCPOA was “America’s worst and last option”

The first wave of sanctions was reimposed on August 6, including a  ban on Iran’s access to the US dollar as well as prohibitions against the country’s trade in gold and other precious metals among other restrictions.

The second wave of sanctions that would hit in November is meant to target Iran’s oil exports, as well as Iran's central bank (CBI).

 

Read More:

Iranian FM Zarif: "US new strategy toward Iran will lead to America's isolation"

Salami: "Iran is the most powerful country in the region. We don't threaten anyone"

Major General Jafari: "Iran is at the height of its power and authority"

 

Tags

Oct 12, 2018 11:12 Asia/Tehran
Comments