Oct 11, 2019 07:15 Asia/Tehran [Updated: Oct 16, 2019 21:20 Asia/Tehran]
  • Over 60,000 displaced in Turkish assault on Syria
    Over 60,000 displaced in Turkish assault on Syria

According to the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, more than 60,000 people have fled their homes, since Turkey launched offensive against Kurds In northern Syria .

Iran PressMiddle East: "Tens of thousands of civilians have fled from the fighting after Turkish troops began a military operation against Kurdish forces in northern Syria," the UN refugee agency has said.

The UN refugee agency said that tens of thousands were on the move, and aid agencies warned that nearly a half-million people near the border were at risk.

Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that since Wednesday, more than 60,000 fled border areas, adding that most of those had travelled east towards Hasakeh.

The military operation began with the US government's green light.

Turkish military operations in northern Syria have received widespread international condemnation. Syrian officials have emphasized that they will defend their territorial integrity and national sovereignty.

The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) also announced that they would turn the Turkish invasion into a full-blown war. According to some sources, 15 people have been killed and more than 40 injured in the attack so far. The Turkish army has invaded Syria several times over the past three years.

207/216

Read more:

Erdogan threatens releasing refugees to Europe over criticism of Syria offensive

Foreign Ministry: Iran opposes any anti-Syrian military move

 

 

Tags

Comments