At least 21 people were injured following an explosion on Monday at a hotel in downtown Fort Worth, Texas, authorities said.

Iran PressAmerica: An explosion that blew out at least two floors of a high-rise hotel and injured nearly two dozen people in downtown Fort Worth on Monday afternoon is suspected of being caused by a natural gas leak, according to the local media and Fort Worth Fire Department.

The explosion was reported at the Sandman Signature Fort Worth Hotel in the 800 block of Houston Street at about 3:30 p.m. Since that time a two-block area has been blocked off in downtown where the smell of natural gas persists, officials say. 

Late Monday afternoon, Trojacek said 26 rooms at the hotel were occupied when the explosion occurred. A search of the building was completed at about 5:30 p.m. and no additional victims were found. Trojacek said the stability of the building would be assessed after the search and rescue was complete.

A spokeswoman for Atmos Energy, which provides natural gas to North Texas, said the company was looking into the explosion.

Read More:

School shooting in US state of Iowa leaves 2 dead, 5 injured