The United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister has said no country could be held responsible for the latest attacks on oil tankers in the Persian Gulf, since it is not clear who actually carried out the attacks.

Iran Press/Middle East: Speaking during a press conference with his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov on Wednesday in Moscow, Abdullah bin Zayed Al-Nahyan said his country needs “clear and convincing evidence” regarding the recent attacks that targeted four vessels off the UAE coast last month, including two Saudi oil tankers.

"If other nations have more concrete information, I am sure the international community will gladly hear them out. But we have to be very serious and careful. It has to be reliable, scientifically confirmed information which would convince the international community," the United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister added according to RT.

“The region is very turbulent and is very important for the world. We don’t want any escalation. What we want, is stability and cooperation,” he said.

Attacks on two commercial oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman on June 13 and an earlier attack on four oil tankers off the UAE’s Fujairah port on May 12 have escalated tensions in the Middle East and raised the prospect of a military confrontation between Iran and the United States.

Related News:

Explosions of two oil tankers in Gulf of Oman

The US, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE have rushed to blame Iran for the incidents, with the US military releasing a grainy video it claimed shows Iranian forces in a patrol boat removing an unexploded mine from the side of a Japanese-owned tanker which caught fire earlier this month.

It later released some images of the purported Iranian operation after the blurry black and white video footage, taken from the air, was seriously challenged by experts and Washington’s own allies. 101/211/201

Read More:

Saudi Arabia Supports MKO Terror Group 

Saudi Arabia and US are partners in the crimes they commit in Yemen: Iranian MP