Iran Arrests 8 Suspects over Terror Attack on IRGC Forces
The Iranian security forces have detained 8 suspects in connection with the recent terrorist attack that killed the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) personnel in Southeastern Sistan and Balouchestan province.
Iran Press/ Iran News: Head of the justice department of Sistan and Balouchestan province, Ebrahim Hamidi, said on Thursday that the police and security forces have so far arrested 8 suspects in connection with the recent terror attack on the IRGC forces in southeastern Iran.
He said two of the suspects have been arrested on Wednesday and Thursday, Tasnim News Agency reported.
According to the judicial official, one of the six suspects arrested in the past days is a woman who was the owner of the vehicle used in the terrorist attack.
The suicide attack, which targeted a bus carrying IRGC personnel near the Iranian city of Zahedan in Sistan and Balouchestan province, claimed the lives of 27 people and injured 13 others.
The so-called Jaish ul-Adl terrorist group, which is based across the border in Pakistan and is responsible for kidnapping Iranian border guards and carrying out other terrorist attacks of this kind in Zahedan over the past years, claimed responsibility for the recent attack.
On Feb 18, 2019, IRGC announced that its forces had launched an operation to arrest the perpetrators.
According to IRGC statement, three terrorists have been arrested and 150kg of explosives, 600kg of raw materials for explosives, and some weapons and ammunition have been seized during the operation.
“IRGC continues measures to track down the terrorists, and we hope this will be achieved quickly with the cooperation of the Pakistani government and army,” the statement added.105/213