France expels Iranian diplomat: Report
London based News Agency Reuters without revealing any credible source claimed that France near a month ago expelled Iranian diplomat over failed bomb plot.
Iran press/ Iran news: Reuters claimed that expelling Iranian diplomat is related to a failed plot to carry out a bomb attack at the terrorist group the Mujahedin Khalq Organization's (MKO) rally near Paris on June 30.
Iran previously denied any relation with the claimed plot.
French President Emmanuel Macron’s office referred all enquiries to the foreign ministry, which said it would not comment. Not French Foreign Ministry nor Iranian Foreign Ministry has any comment yet.
Related News: Iran summons French, Belgian, German diplomats
On Oct 2, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Ghassemi condemned Iranian diplomat arrest and dismissed France's allegations and called on French officials to pursue a realistic approach to Tehran.
"We once again reject such accusations and claims and express the Islamic Republic of Iran's strong protest over the arrest of the Iranian diplomat and call for his immediate release," Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Ghassemi said on Tuesday Oct 2.
Earlier on that day, the French government claimed that Iran's Intelligence ministry was behind the failed bomb plot on the MKO meeting and announced that it was freezing assets belonging to two suspected Iranian intelligence officials as well as others belonging to the ministry.
In reaction to France's allegations, Ghassemi said such a scenario and plot aim to harm good and growing relations between Iran and Europe in line with the objectives of the US and the Israeli regime managed by a terrorist group residing in France.
He reiterated that the Islamic Republic's principled policy is based on condemning any act of terror and said the existing documents clearly display the role of opponents and ill-wishers in hatching such ridiculous show.
"So, we call for French authorities' realistic view toward the Islamic Republic of Iran and once again warn of the evil hands of ill-wishers who seek to ruin deep-rooted ties between Iran and France as well as other influential European countries," the Iranian spokesperson pointed out.
Belgian authorities said that the Iranian diplomat had been arrested along on June 30 with a 38-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman, suspected of plotting the bomb attack on the MKO meeting in Paris attended by US President Donald Trump's lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, and several former European and Arab ministers.
Related News: Giuliani panders to MKO Terrorists
The diplomat, 46-year-old Assadollah A, was arrested in Germany, suspected of having been in contact with the two arrested in Belgium.
Three other people were also arrested in France in connection with the case, two of whom were released.
Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on July 2 that the claims about the Iranian diplomat constitute a "sinister false flag ploy."
Related News: Anti MKO protests held in Paris
Taking to his official Twitter account, Zarif said the Islamic Republic "unequivocally condemns all violence and terror anywhere, and is ready to work with all concerned to uncover what is a sinister false flag ploy."