Oct 14, 2018 20:32 Asia/Tehran

Hossein Zolfaghari, the head of Iran's central Arbaeen headquarters, has emphasized that more than 550000 people have so far registered for the Arbaeen march (a walk from the holy city of Najaf to the holy city of Karbala), with Iraqi authorities issuing half-a-million visas for the mourners so far.

Iran news/ According to Iran Press, the head of central Arbaeen Headquarters, Hossein  Zolfaghari has said, "So far more than 550 people have registered for Arbaeen March. According to Iraqi embassy, 464000 visa have been issued this morning out of which 364000 were sent to diplomatic mission abroad and 100000 visas will be sent soon. 

In addition, Zolfaghari spoke of the booklets for Iranian-settled Afghan nationals and said, based on these booklets, Iraq's Embassy will issue visa for Afghan nationals.

He said, the other taken step in this regard is, headquarter to support the Pakistani, Azerbaijani and Turkish pilgrims which enter Iran in order to take part in Arbaeen- marching ceremony in Iraq. There are welcoming committees along the way to support and accommodate the pilgrims of the said countries.

Zolfaghari also said, with negotiations there would be no burdens and problems which Pakistani pilgrims ran into last year. He said that as far as the Afghan pilgrims who had entered Iran without valid visa for Iraq last year, the matter sorted out.

 

Read more:

10000 medical personnel and 900 ambulances will see to medical needs of Arbaeen mourners

Arbaeen will scupper and neutralize US-Israeli plots in Iraq: Head of IRTVU

Tags

Comments