According to Manchester Police, shooting in the city in early hours of Sunday morning had left 10 people, including two children, injured.

Iran Press/Europe :The Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said Sunday that its forces rushed to the scene of the shooting attack in the city’s Moss Side neighborhood at around 2.30 am local time.

It said all those wounded in the gun violence had slight injuries and could soon be released from hospital, except one man who was in stable but critical condition.

“Nine people went to hospital, including two children, with pellet-type wounds that are not believed to be serious,” a statement from GMP said, adding, “A tenth person -- a man -- remains in a stable but serious condition in hospital with injuries to his legs.”

Police could not comment who was behind the attack and there was no report whether it could be of terrorist nature.

Chief Superintendent Wasim Chaudhry called the attack a reckless act without elaborating.

“This was a reckless act that could have had devastating consequences with families and friends losing loved ones,” said Chaudhry, adding, “Guns have no place on our streets and we want to assure you we are doing everything we can to find the person or people responsible.”

The attack, which took place after a Caribbean Carnival in Moss Side, is the most serious act of violence in Manchester following a terrorist attack on a concert hall in May last year which killed 23 people.

Recent reports have suggested that Manchester is experiencing higher levels of hate crime as many fear attacks inspired by the far-right could target minorities in the city.

Video from Reuters 

Read More :

Massive fire blazes in Greater Manchester, homes evacuated

 

Aug 12, 2018 19:41 Asia/Tehran
Comments