Sep 12, 2019 16:19 Asia/Tehran [Updated: Sep 12, 2019 23:46 Asia/Tehran]
  • File PhotoFour Afghan Special Forces killed in Taliban suicide blast
    File PhotoFour Afghan Special Forces killed in Taliban suicide blast

In a Taliban suicide attack targeting Afghanistan Special Forces base in the south of Kabul on Thursday, Four killed and three others were wounded.

Iran PressAsia: The Afghan Ministry of Defense confirmed that the suicide bomber detonated a Mercedes vehicle packed with explosives close to the compound of Special Operations Corps in Reshkhor area of Kabul.

“Four security forces were killed and three others were wounded in the attack,” the statement said.

Before this, sources said that clashes also took place in the area but the MoD rejected the claims, reported Iran press.

The Taliban group claimed responsibility for today’s suicide car bomb explosion near the Special Operations Corps compound and Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid sent a statement to the media.

 In its reaction to the attack, the Ministry of Defense said the terrorist groups have resorted to terrorist attacks in the cities and in civilian areas after suffering heavy losses on the battlefield and losing vast areas that were under their control.

The statement further added that such attacks demonstrate that the terrorists are under unprecedented pressure on the battlefields.

The attack is the latest since US President Donald Trump abruptly called off US-Taliban talks on the brink of an apparent deal to end America's longest war.

Two Taliban car bombs shook Kabul last week, killing several civilians and two members of the NATO mission, including a US soldier.

205/203

Read More:

18th anniversary 9/11 attack;18 years US bloodshed in Afghanistan

Iran ready to forge a lasting end to violence in Afghanistan: Zarif

Blast targets Afghan President's office in Jalalabad, one killed

Tags

Comments