Saudis step up attacks, violate Hudaydah truce more than 200 Times: Yemen army
A spokesman for the Yemeni Army has said the Saudi-led coalition has repeatedly breached the ceasefire agreement in Al Hudaydah, breaching the truce 283 times over the last 72 hours.
Iran Press/Middle East: Yemen’s army, which alongside the Houthi movement has been defending the country, says that Saudi Arabia has increased its attacks in breach of a UN-brokered truce in the Yemeni Red Sea port city of Al-Hudaydah, according to the Al-Manar television channel.
Army spokesman Brigadier Yahya Sariyah told Al-Masirah TV that the Saudis have violated the Al-Hudaydah ceasefire 223 times since December 17, when the truce took effect.
He also said the convoy of the UN cease-fire monitoring chief Danish general Michael Lollesgaard was attacked in the frontline in the Al-Hudaydah on Saturday.
The ceasefire violations included 51 missile attacks, 155 cases of artillery fire and shelling as well as infiltration attempts, Brigadier Sariyah added.
Saudi warplanes, Sariyah said, continue to fly intensely over Al-Hudaydah. Over the past 48 hours, they have conducted 42 air raids on the provinces of Saada, Al-Jawf, and Ma’rib.
Yemeni fighters, meanwhile, have clashed with Saudi mercenaries, killing and injuring dozens of them.
UN monitors arrived in Yemen on Saturday to oversee the fragile truce.
The fourth round of Yemen peace talks kicked off in Stockholm, Sweden on December 6 with the attendance of the UN special envoy Martin Griffith and the government representatives. It agreed to establish a truce in Yemeni ports of Al-Hodeidah, Al-Salif, and Ayn Issa.
Saudi Arabia and its regional allies attacked Yemen in March 2015 to bring back to power the deposed president of Yemen Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi.
Since then, the invaders have committed horrible war crimes against Yemeni civilians. 208/211/103