Oct 24, 2018 16:23 Asia/Tehran [Updated: Sep 18, 2019 15:34 Asia/Tehran]

A senior Iranian MP has underlined the cooperation between al-Saud regime and US in murder of dissident Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, calling his vicious murder a great international scandal for US.

Iran Press/Iran News: Seyyed Hossein Naghavi Hosseini a member of Iranian Parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission in an exclusive interview with Iran Press News Agency called the killing of Saudi dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi a horrible act in the world of journalism and said: "This murder was horrible because a dissident journalist was killed in his country's consulate at a foreign country and nobody accepted  the responsibility for this crime."

Related News:

Saudi Arabia distracts public opinion from Khashoggi case by targeting IRGC: Iran

Naghavi-Hosseini placed the blame for Khashoggi's murder squarely at the feet of Saudi officials, saying the only responsible side for the killing is Saudi Arabia. He added: "Shortly after the murder everybody find out that this killing happened inside the Saudi consulate (in Istanbul) and the consulate according to diplomatic norms is counted as foreign soil -- in this case Saudi soil".

Naghavi-Hosseini added: "US State officials with their stance on supporting and backing Saudis action in this crime created an international scandal for themselves. It was very strange for international community and public opinion that US supported and tried to cover up for a country which killed a dissident journalist in his consulate in a foreign country, and this incident shows the coordination and cooperation between al Saud regime and US."

Related News: 

Erdogan: Khashoggi killing planned in advance

Naghavi Hosseini hailed Turkey position as the host country in which the murder took place, saying: "Turkey has carried out a  comprehensive and precise investigation of the murder, declaring Saudi Arabia as the only country responsible for Khashoggi's murder, and as such Saudi leaders should answer world public opinion."

Hosseini hoped that Turkey would be steadfast in its stance to save international journalism and media, hoping that Saudi oil money won't be able to change the right stance of Turkey in the Jamal Khashoggi murder case.

Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi entered Saudi Arabia's consulate in Istanbul on October 2 and never come back. Four days ago on Oct 20, 2018 Saudi Arabia has admitted Khashoggi died shortly after he entered the Saudi embassy in Istanbul and claimed that he was killed in a “fist-fight”.

Related News: 

Rouhani: Various countries stances on Khashoggi's murder, a test of human rights

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in a speech to the Turkish parliament on Tuesday has said there is strong evidence that Jamal Khashoggi's killing was planned.

Last week the US president Donald Trump tried to shield and protect Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman by saying he thought that Saudi claims that Jamal Khashoggi had died in a "fistfight" were credible.

Today in a forceful change of policy, The US President Donald Trump frustrated by Saudi Arabia's terrible killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, was finally forced to call Riyadh's action as "one of the worst in the history of cover ups" and "a total fiasco".

More News:

Zarif: Global reaction to Khashoggi's murder belated but severe

Khashoggi’s body parts found in garden of Saudi consul general’s home in Istanbul

Turkey reveals the "naked truth" about Khashoggi's killing: Erdogan

 

Tags

Comments