• UN urges Saudi to stop bombing Yemeni children

With reports said that at least 1,245 children have been killed in Yemen since March 2015, United Nations once again urged Saudi Arabia to stop targeting Yemeni children.

Iran Press/America: According to Almasirah Media Network website, in a statement, the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child noted that Saudi Arabia was leading the US-Saudi Aggression against Yemen.

The committee added that Saudi's representatives said the coalition had been responsible, by mistake, for deaths and injuries, including children.  

The Committee on the Rights of the Child expressed grave concern that children in Yemen continue to be the main victims of the ongoing conflict, accounting for 20 percent of civilian deaths and injuries caused by aerial bombardments. 

The report highlighted three air strikes on August 9, 22 and 23, the first of which was widely condemned after 21 boys were killed when their school bus was targeted by US-Saudi Aggression strikes in Dahyan market in Saada.

Saudi Arabia, with America's full support, has been involved in a brutal military aggression and invasion of Yemen since March 2015.

The United Arab Emirates is also heavily involved in the war of aggression against Yemen, being a partner of Saudi Arabia.

According to UNICEF, since the beginning of the intervention led by Saudi Arabia and its' allies in Yemen in 2015, about 2,400 children have been killed and 3,600 maimed in Yemen.

Saudi Arabia has been using the precision-guided weapons provided by Washington to strike the civilian targets in Yemen.

The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and an accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.

In September 2014, the Ansarullah fighters took state matters in their hands in Sana’a amid the absence of an efficient government there.

Before gaining control of the capital, the Houthis had set a deadline for the political parties to put aside differences and fill the power vacuum, but the deadline was missed without any change in the impoverished country’s political scene.

However, the former Saudi-backed president, Abd Rabuh Mansur Hadi, later stepped down, refusing a call by the Houthi movement to reconsider the move.

Hadi then fled to Saudi Arabia, which launched a military campaign against Yemen along with a number of its allies in March 2015 to reinstall Hadi and crush the Houthi movement.

Read More:

WHO warns over Yemen cholera outbreak acceleration

Yemenis pay tribute to martyrs of fatal Saudi bombing

Yemenis protest against Saudi aggression

Ansarullah calls for end of Saudi aggression in Yemen

 

Tags

Oct 13, 2018 16:55 Asia/Tehran
Comments