Iran FM spox rejects US baseless accusation at OPCW
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Ghasemi rejected US baseless accusation against Iran at the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).
Iran Press/ Iran news: “During the Fourth Review Conference of the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) in The Hague on Thursday, the US mission to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) once again levelled groundless accusations against Iran, which we strongly reject,” Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Ghasemi said in a statement on Friday.
The US ambassador to the organization Kenneth Ward claimed in a meeting of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) on Thursday that Iran had failed to report a production facility for the filling of aerial bombs and maintains a program to obtain banned toxic munitions, Iran Press reported.
“Based on the Conference procedure, the Iranian mission to the OPCW will give an appropriate response to these baseless accusations at the end of the general discussions,” Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman noted.
On Apr. 20, Iran's Permanent Representatives to the OPCW, Alireza Jahangiri voiced opposition to instrumental use of the organization for political gains.
“The crystal-clear point here is that the US is the only OPCW member state with chemical weapons arsenals, which has so far failed to fulfil its commitment to destroy them,” Qassemi said.
“At the same time, the US sides with the Zionist regime’s chemical weapons program and level such wrong and false accusations against Iran,” Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman added.
Qassemi said the US raises such allegations out of its hostility towards the Iranian nation, and aims to deviate the world’s public opinion from its violation of commitments and continued support for the Israeli chemical arsenals and terrorist groups. 101/201