Crushing response awaits for Ahvaz Attack terrorists :Iran top military official
Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Lieutenant Commander Brigadier General Hossein Salami said Iran’s response to the recent terrorist attack on a military parade in the country’s southwestern city of Ahvaz will be hash and crushing.
Iran press/ Iran news: Speaking at the funeral procession held for victims of the Saturday terrorist attack in Ahvaz, on Monday Sep 24,2018, Brigadier General Salami promised the Iranian nation that perpetrators and sponsors of the terror attack will receive such a “crushing” response that would make them regret it reported Tasnim news agency.
Further more, as it was quoted by IRNA, deputy Commander of Army Ground Forces Brigadier General Nowzar Nemati also warned that Those who plotted the indiscriminate terrorist attack in Ahvaz, are doomed to a fate not better than that of Saddam and his followers, adding that they will be given a crushing response in the future.
On Saturday 22nd September 2018, Gunmen opened fire on people from behind a viewing stand at Quds Boulevard of Ahvaz during the parade held to mark the former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein's invasion of Iran which led to an eight-year war in the 1980s.
At least 25 people were martyred and more than 69 others injured during Saturday morning's terror attack in Ahvaz, capital of Khuzestan Province, in southwestern Iran.
Iranian forces killed three of the terrorists in a clash after the attack, and a remaining terrorist died in hospital.
Most of the casualties of Ahvaz terrorist attack are civilians.
The terrorist attack has been condemned by Iranian national and international political figures.
Iran summoned the ambassadors of the Netherlands and Denmark as well as the chargé d'affaires of Britain over sheltering members of "al-Ahwaziya."
Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif confirmed on the day of the attack that the terrorists had been "recruited, trained, armed & paid by a foreign regime" and said a response would be coming "swiftly and decisively."
President Hassan Rouhani later said a "crushing" response awaited those responsible for the attack.
And Ayatollah Khamenei tasked Iran's intelligence services with prompt work to identify the perpetrators and hand them over to the Iranian Judiciary.
Furthermore, Iran’s Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alawi said on Monday Sep 24,2018, that a number of elements behind terrorist attack in the southwestern city of Ahvaz have been arrested by Iranian security forces.