Iran's Foreign Minister has said more deployment of US military forces to the Persian Gulf is certainly a threat to international peace and security.

Iran Press/Iran News: Mohammad Javad Zarif before departing Islamabad for Tehran referred to deployment of 1500 extra US forces in Iraq and said: "US President Donald Trump's baseless claims for deployment of extra troops to Iraq is very dangerous and it is a threat to international peace and security."

Iranian FM said the US is sending extra troops to the region in order to justify its aggressive policy and for heightening tensions in the region which is very dangerous for international peace and security, and such actions should have been confronted, Iran Press reported.

Trump on Friday declared that the US will send about 1,500 additional troops to the Middle East for 'protective' purposes.

Meanwhile, US President once again changed his mind and said he certainly doesn't think Iran wants to fight with us.

The US Defense Department confirmed deployment of Patriot missile batteries and reconnaissance planes approved by the US president.

Yesterday, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif reiterated Iran's rejection of the US's increase in military deployments to the region.

Iran "will see the end of Trump, but he will never see the end of Iran," Zarif said during his trip to Pakistan before the US announced the troop increase.

Earlier this month, the US sent a carrier attack group and bomber task force to the Middle East, claiming a "credible threat" from Tehran.

The news came after acting US Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan denied earlier reports that the Trump administration was planning to send as many as 10,000 troops to the region.

104/211/205

US policies undermining world order: FM Zarif

Zarif: US economic sanctions same as terrorism

Zarif: US is 'playing a very, very dangerous game'